My oh my, what a year that has been. So many good things: a new phase, a new career, a new place to live, and more. It was crazy, and busy, and happy, and good. My cup overflows.
I can’t believe 2010 is over. I know people say that all the time, and sure I’ve said that too in years past, but it seems like the older I get, the more the years just fly by. Can anybody that’s really old attest to that?As I close out 2010 I’d like to make note of all the significant occurrences that happened this last year, both good and didn’t seem so good at the time. This isn’t necessarily the ‘Best of 2010′ post, but it is a roundup of a few of my favorites, as well as a random compilation of things I feel compelled to share. As we all know, life is about the journey, so here’s where mine has been in the last 365 days… I do hope you enjoy!
1. I turned 22 and survived an amazing surprise party from friends.
2. I made my dad the happiest man on earth last February. My name, as well as my brother’s, became a little longer. I never knew LITTLE would make such big difference. Thank you God for BSN, RN.
3. Even when you think that you have the best friends in the world at age 14, it hardly ever stays that way and I find myself incredibly blessed by the way our friendship has grown and maintained over the years. I’ve added a couple other people to my very inner circle, and suffice to say I am hands down positive I have the best friends in the world. Attended a whole lot of thanksgiving parties, went roadtripping and the normal dinner and lunch dates with some of my favorite people who keep my sanity.
4. At the beginning of last year I was so confused as to what I should do and where I should go, but I ended up trusting in my own ability and made the best of the situation right where I was at. By March, I got the job at 5J on Inflight services as a flight attendant. Went through the dreadful training, almost hanging but passed. I’m happy I did it, I’m happy with what I achieved.
5. I was given the opportunity to travel a lot this year to different places inside the country and around Asia.
6. I met a lot of people in diversity. Half of them were good & real, and the other half.. are the ones you wish you never have met but did.
7. There were some definite bright spots this season, but there were also many lows that didn’t have to happen. My dog, Louie died and at the very same time I failed the 2nd stage of assessment at one of the airlines i applied for the last year. The low points were pretty much disappointing, but I now completely understand why it has to happen.
8. I’ve ended—one good ‘somewhere in between’ relationship over the past year. I don’t know if I’m quite ready to put meaning to that, but it is what it is. I have faith God knows what he’s doing and he’s going to blow my heels off. Someone out there is gonna be lucky. ;)
9. Good health for my family and friends throughout the year. - granted:)
10. At about this time last year, I made a few specific resolutions that were tied to my faith and the spiritual side of my life. I made a commitment to read the bible daily, tithe an actual 10%, and start helping others. I wasn’t able to follow this entirely, but I can see the difference it’s made in me and I’m happy.
To be honest this past year was one of the best years I have ever had on so many different levels. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to accomplish what I have accomplished. Many of it would not be possible without such a strong and supportive family. Thank you and….I love you! Also…thank you to my friends who made me a better person….you know who you are! and most of all to GOD— nothing is impossible with HIM.
Here are some of the photos from the new year’s countdown in Republiq and MOA: 2011
Credits to Elle for some of the photos.
THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR.